885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 15, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus1234U View Post
New Members
Frequently Asked Questions:

How to Reply to a Post: Click on the Member's name and type your reply on their home (profile) page; or use the "Reply" tab and send them a return Private Message (PM); or click on the "Post Message" on their home page to leave a private note. In the Forums, click on the Member's name and choose from the drop-down menu.

How to Find your own Posts: You can use the "Statistics" tab on your home page to see where you have posted and click on any post to go there and see who has replied to you.

To learn more about using the site: You can go to Community Feedback and Technical Support Forum and read the Tutorials thread at the top of the page.

The Community Liaisons also are able to answer many of your questions. One or more of them has most likely replied to your New Member Post.
question.....would it be better if ....how to post explained how to post in the forums and how to message be the examples you put under how to post?

the reason I ask is because I can see new members reading on the forums and thinking they should post a reply to that thread by ...sending them a message on their visitors message page or their private message box...and they because they are new they may wonder why their posts have not appeared in the threaded post they were replying on.

does that make sense?

if not let me show you...

when I first came here to psych central and I asked someone how do I reply to a post. they told me to click on the reply button under the post I wanted to reply to. real short and easy...

but if to my question how do I post a reply, someone said to me click on the persons name and type in their profile well all my posts would have been on other peoples visitor messages or their private message box, being new they wouldnt have known me from jack sprat and would have just deleted my postings on their visitors page or in their private message box.

so my question is wouldnt how to reply to a post be what I did (click on the reply button)

and how to send/post to visitor page and private message be clicking on the persons name stuff.....
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Gus1234U, Lexi232