View Single Post
splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
79 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 17, 2013 at 05:32 PM

this isn't specifically about medication induced weight gain, but I found the best way for me to lose weight, I've always been overweight - was to go to a registered dietician. We talked about what foods I like to eat, and she put together a menu planner for me, showing me how many servings of carbs, oils, and protein to eat each day to lose weight. She also told me about a lot of tricks like switching to brown rice from white, whole grain pastas etc. Following her plan I lost 20 lbs in 2 months, which I unfortunately regained when I relapsed and started drinking again.

I'm now in a position to start cooking for myself again, so I'm going to go back on her plan and try to start loosing weight again.

registered dieticians are expensive but if your insurance would cover it, or you could afford it, it's really worthwhile.

splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote