tealBumblebee
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2013
3,745 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 03, 2013 at 09:19 AM

Sorry I took so long to reply.

You're welcome. Glad I was able to give you a reply (although i'm sure you have a million by now on your other posts!) I understand about not recognizing yourself anymore, it happens to a lot of people. The key is to tap into those parts that seem foreign and to make a conscious decision to change those for how you want them to be (as opposed to how they are or how they have been).

If your dream is to be a Psychologist, I say go for it. Never allow any one or any illness stand in the way of your desires. I believe the mentality you have about sharing your own experiences can be quite affective as my T does the same quite often with me.

Personality disorders are quite serious I imagine (I can't tell if i act my label or my label is legit sometimes). I don't think you're "wrong" per say, I think that a professional would just more astute on the subject as opposed to you or I's mere speculation.

I get the whole, maybe the family has issues as well without realizing it. I actually read that a lot of people with Schizotypal PD (and other pd's) don't actually seek treatment for the disorder, they seek it for something else and the disorder is detected. For instance, I didn't. I went to T because I was having suicidal thoughts and know from experience that thats a bad trend for me. After some evaluation, she decided a test was in order and it revealed Schizotypal among the other things. Was a great way to summarize my issues as a whole

Music is actually a very good coping mechanism, so you're right, although it doesn't heal - it does comfort. Even if you were to get treatment from a T, music could still provide you with a little extra leverage. Don't give up on it! I would be wary about sharing problems with someone close though, maybe because I have trust issues, but basically in doing that you just never if the response will be good or proper so you're taking a big chance there.

I do feel empty a lot, though not so much lately thankfully. It's a common description that depressed people offer when describing how they feel, so yes I totally do get it.

Have you made any progress since the last time we spoke?