View Single Post
Daeva
Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2013
590 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 08, 2013 at 01:01 AM

That is the iunhealthy part. It is normal to be attached to a T to an extent, but what she is doing is breeding over-dependence, a T is not suppose to make you dependent on her to the point where you can not leave her. A T is not suppose to meet with a client frequently outside the office. They are especially not suppose to go shopping with you. Some T's touch but the kind of touching she does, like playing with your hair is not normal. What's a 'normal' touch in therapy is holding of a hand or a hug. Rarely holding.

The fact that you are seeing her 4-5 times a week and still crying when you are apart, also shows the unhealthy part of this relationship. It's one thing to miss your T between week apart sessions, but not this. She is harming you doing all of this, I know it's hard to see when you enjoy it (Just like eating ice cream so much until you keel over with a heart attack, it tastes good but it's really killing you). She could lose her license for this.

And she knows what she is doing is wrong. She obviously has her own issues and she's projecting them onto you, countertransference out of control. She does know it's wrong, she is trained on ethics, and boundaries and what she should and shouldn't do and what is appropriate and what is not.

Hell, I'm in school to be a T, and i'm only in my second year and we've been taught ethics, boundaries, etc a million times. Find yourself another T--trust me this can only end up with pain. Think of it though she can't be your T forever. I had a T like this and I was ruined. To this day it's hard for me to trust my current T, and I was completely traumatized by it. So much so that I disassociate when having to talk about it with T.
Daeva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote