View Single Post
FlowerChild67
Veteran Member
Chat Leader

Member Since Dec 2013
272 hugs
given
Default Dec 12, 2013 at 03:07 AM

First off I hope this Is appropriate content on this form. I will be reading through other posts and see what is being said. So with that being said I will finish my post.

I am very interested in this person she has a few mental health conditions, and those do not bother me. But what I'm really concerned with and don't really understand is the desire to cut herself and something called letting.

I understand what cutting is, but I do not understand why people do it?
What is letting?
I'm at a loss as I really cannot handle blood, scars, gore, and things like that.
My question is is there anything that can be done to help her?
Or this something that is continuously in her life and will be dealing with for the rest of her life?
Is there anything I can do as a partner to help her to overcome these feelings?

I really want to build help her and I would like to be able to spend my life with her I don't know what I can do or if there's anything I can do.

I am in no way trying to offend anyone or sy that this is not real I just don't understand and want to find answers.

Diagnosis
Psychological
Borderline Personality Disorder / Schizoaffective Disorder-BiPolar Type / Dissociative Identity Disorder / Complex-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / ADHD / Asperger Syndrome /
Medical
Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis / Migraine Headaches / Bladder Issues / Fibromyalgia / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Asthma / Insomnia /
Medicines
Psychological
amphetamine, dextroamphetamine (Adderall) / bupropion HCL XL (Wellbutrin XL) / diazepam (Valium) / lamotrigine (Lamictal) / prazosin (Minipress) / artpiprazole (Abilify) /
Medical
baclofen (Lioresal) / diphenhydramine (Benadryl) / fluticasone (Flonase) / gabapentin (Neurontin) / metformin (Glucophage) / tamsulosin (Flomax) / zolpidem tartrate (Ambien) PRN / albuterol (Ventolin HFA) PRN / ondansetron (Zofram-ODT) PRN / oxycodone (Roxicodone) PRN / sumatriptan (Imitrex) PRN /

Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
Forest Gump (Tom Hanks)
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein

PTSD - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Chat Saturday evenings!
Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder Support Chat Saturday evenings!

link to the calendar
http://forums.psychcentral.com/calen...y=2015-2-7&c=1

Last edited by FlowerChild67; Dec 12, 2013 at 03:27 AM..
FlowerChild67 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
tealBumblebee