View Single Post
Punto Bobo

Member Since Dec 2013
44 hugs
given
Lightbulb Dec 15, 2013 at 02:16 PM

With or without meds, we still have stuff happen to us that's no fun. The first time I worked for a lawyer who was going to take someone to court, I had to fill out the Subpoena and all the forms [this was the Middle Ages, like 1975] and then he dictated the Complaint. I could understand all the things the other guy had done to the innocent client -- and I was almost weeping! It was terrible! What I didn't know was that this was standard legal language. In a Complaint, everything is egregious, i.e., really awful! So the lawyer gets the papers ready, signs them, sends a runner to court. Then he breaks for lunch, comes out of his office with a big smile!

I finally got it that we JUST DO IT. When there are things I don't want to do and I'm suffering from the resistance, JUST DO IT. Try to jump over the temptation to think too hard about how awful it is. A lot of my depression is based on stuff that happened to me. So I try to communicate, register my displeasure, ask my questions, write the letters WITHOUT GETTING BENT OUTTA SHAPE. Meet the deadlines, pay the bills or at least stick them up as a reminder -- or tell the folks you're trying! When that's done, then try to have some fun. If it's only working a jigsaw.

Some of my favorite websites: Emma One-Sock (beautiful fabric for sewing), Farmhouse Fabrics (ditto), Baba-Mail (interesting pictures and input -- travel, history, architecture, cute animals, serious animals), Pogo (games), Neiman-Marcus (you can click on the models and make them dance! A blouse costs more than your rent, but it's all very nice.], BBC for news, Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care [cameras on animals, archived stories, I work for them], Ferrari [listen to the motor!], spiritual websites -- Stewart Wilde, my teacher, died last May, but his website is still up and his colleagues and students are also very interesting. . . I love to search on antique dolls on eBay and look at the results. Etsy and Pinterest I don't really understand, but for sure there's color and clever things to look at.

Last edited by Punto Bobo; Dec 15, 2013 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: Website color formatting
Punto Bobo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote