View Single Post
Anonymous817219

Default Dec 16, 2013 at 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytiger View Post
video games (requires more schooling too much money to do), animals (very hard to get into that tried to apply to animal shelters for entry level never heard from the manager, volunteered back in college for one day on two different years and have no interest in volunteering anymore), art (havent drawn in a long time its a dead field, crafts cost a lot of money to do havent done that in a long time, eco friendly things again that is more schooling i already have a degree i need to finish but dont have the money for it.

well, i volunteer at a library already had a job interview at a county library and didnt get the job. i have no interest in a business more money, i would like to do something that doesnt require money i need to start with point A not point P! so, i dont know what else i have passions that is it i grew up having passions being diminished because "i was trying to be so white."
There is not enough punctuation so I am not understanding everything written here.

I think "passions" in relation to starting a career is overrated. I imagine most people don't even know what it is like to work in corp land vs a startup or nonprofit. Each of those environment requires a different set of aptitudes. "Video games" says to me you have an aptitude and interest in programming. (Or design?) Plus you indicated you are close to a degree. You've already started in that direction and there are a lot of ways to go. I am thinking video games is a very competitive field but the reality is those skills are used in a lot of areas. I would concentrate more on the skills than the career field. Eventually you might decide a "video game" career is for you or you might find something else along the way.

Art is far from dead but it isn't a career you can count on for money. Never has been. But you can build that skill on the side and make it your focus later.

You have made efforts. It is really just a matter of doing what you are doing but also understanding what you try might not be successful at first. You might need to apply again or try something else until you find something that works. Not getting a job doesn't mean you aren't qualified. It simply means there was another candidate they preferred.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote