Thread: Sweet!!
View Single Post
biiv
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2006
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 04, 2007 at 12:07 PM

id have to say my mother is one of my role models. shes gets confused and lost and doesnt always trust herself and makes a lot of mistakes but every single time she gets up and keeps going. she apologises in a flash when shes wrong, everything she does is motivated by love and kindness and she has touched the lives of so many people. she has her major downsides but to me shes perfection in her flaws.
also id have to say melissa etheridge. shes over come so much and watching her develop and being touched by every lyric ive heard of hers has been an inspiring experience. its fantastic to see her apparently happy now and sharing that and her strength and hope and support with the world.
mary robinson is another role model. shes the former first female president or ireland and the former un high commissioner for human rights. despite how difficult she found holding both of those positions because of her gender and her drive to uphold human rights and make the world a genuinely better and more peaceful place, especially for the unlucky people in life she continued and continues to do what she can and stands out like a beacon for me as to where you can get to if you accept the limitations that are everywhere in life and then push them diplomatically as far as they can go. she balances her power and her need to help very well as far as i can see and seems to care nothing for her own popularity.
and finally, an online friend of mine who has been through hell on earth and back and yet still moves steadily forward gaining balance visibly as she goes on. i want to be as strong, determined and positive as her. ive only ever seen one photo of her but to me her personality makes her one of the most beautiful people in my life.
ok im done.
biiv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote