Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 22, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracking Slowly View Post
I've been thinking a lot lately of trying to get a therapist. But I fear opening up to anyone. I usually avoid people as much as possible and I never allow anyone in to get close to me. I'm not sure how to get past these feelings in order to seek help. I feel like a therapist will just want to get me a doctor who will then just want to put me on medication. No offense to anyone here but I fear all the side effects that comes with taking medication. I would like to have a therapist to help me sort out all this junk in my head but I just don't want to cover it all up by taking medication that may cause me other issues. Any advice?
You can definitely get therapists that don't require meds....mine was actually part of a study for psychosis where the patients weren't using meds in addition to what she was doing with me. I have no idea how you find a good T though since I was randomly assigned to mine. Also I honestly believe that you can just set an agenda that doesn't deal with issues requiring medication. Like for me a lot of what we discussed was anxiety...no need for meds just a different way of thinking. If you tell them you have active psychosis I generally fear they will want to deal with it and may even have a legal obligation to do so. So yeah I'm thinking omitting certain details is for the best...tell them what you do want when you call and leave out the other stuff.

Hugs from:
Anonymous100103