Thread: Question:
View Single Post
Anonymous24680

Default Dec 23, 2013 at 08:30 PM

My hypocritical advice that I don't follow would be:

1. see a psych regularly and take SSRI's to control depression/anxiety so you can raise motivation levels
2. don't drink a lot when you're on SSRI's so they actually work
3. maybe benzos for when you socialize but maybe not necessary
4. therapy 1-2 times a week with daily/weekly goals to do as "homework"
5. get involved in social activities that are centered around your interests so you have things in common with the people you force yourself to socialize with (because f*** small talk)
6. Force yourself to socialize regularly and fake it 'til you make it, sucka!

Not trying to sound like I have it all figured out... that's my best idea and I don't have the interest or motivation to do any of it right now so don't listen to me. I always punk out at steps 1 and 2 and then get all reclusive again and wallow in / ignore my problems (with the help of beer, cigarettes, video games, and other forms of blatant escapism).

But you will succeed where I have failed! Remember - it's all in your mind! Everyone here at the psychcentral avoidant forum believes in you and knows you can do it! Now get out there and conquer this damn thing once and for all you crazy son of a b****! {you yell wildly, slowly standing up from your computer chair with both hands clenched tightly in fists. Still yelling fiercely, and with a wild look in your eye, you run out of the house and take the damn world by storm}
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
A Red Panda, gma45, JadeAmethyst, omofca, PTSD101