View Single Post
arachnophobia.kid

Member Since Oct 2012
115 hugs
given
Default Jan 03, 2014 at 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowheretohide View Post
I think your quote of "grandiose way of calling attention to yourself" pretty much sums up how I feel about weddings (a big waste of time and money just to feed your ego). It's almost disgusting to me.

I had to be the best man for my brother and give a speech at the reception which was like my own personal hell. Hopefully there will be free booze at least... or take up smoking so you have a good excuse to leave for 10 minutes every 30 minutes.

If you really feel like you can't do it then maybe your friend would understand if you talk with him and it doesn't have to be a friendship-ending thing but I guess that's pretty socially inappropriate especially being in the wedding party... Whatever you decide I feel your pain and I wish you good luck... maybe you can get a small xanax script to help get you through it.
That sounds harsh about your brother's wedding. At least they haven't asked me to do any kind of speech. That'd be hell for me too.

I think I will talk to him about it. I think it's the right thing to do.

That's a good idea about the xanax too. Those helped me a lot a while back but I can't imagine it's that easy to get a prescription, is it? I also have some mild beta blockers lying around, I'll most likely use those if indeed I end up going. Thank you for your response.
arachnophobia.kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote