View Single Post
Perna
Pandita-in-training

Member Since Sep 2006
550 hugs
given
Default Jan 06, 2014 at 12:07 PM

I would investigate food banks and call all my other bill people and work something out with them, too, before they have to contact you. I'd call a state agency, consumer affairs, etc. and see if something could be done about the bad plumbing guy if he could be caught or if the price of that whole mess could be reduced or spread out more; they will probably want to catch him as badly as you do (so no one else gets taken like you did) and having a "known" public problem like that might make the whole bill paying problems be considered as part of that/not your fault instead of each being isolated. I'd see if I could find a non-profit credit agency too, that could work with you and advise you how to work your way out of the hole. If the bank took 2 months worth of payments when you were only behind one, then "current" is paid up too it sounds like, that would be the 2nd payment, to make sure you are paid for this month?

Have you looked at other sources for food and mortgage relief or utility bill paying, etc. relief? Some places have one-time shortfall help. Washington Assistance Programs

Thanks for this!
shortandcute