View Single Post
beloiseau
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2013
332 hugs
given
Default Jan 08, 2014 at 02:16 PM

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me. A lot of my problems stem from having a twin sister who is disabled and growing up with that experience. My mom is very invalidating, and I believe that is because she has always (rightfully) given my sister more thought.

I am struggling now to get to a point with my parents where I can continue to go to them for advice, etc. Everytime I tell either of my parents something related to my mental illness, work, friends, it is always a disagreement and instead of just hearing what I have to say it is a chance for them to voice their opinion and tell me why what I'm deciding or doing is wrong. I know that is what parents do, I'm not expecting them to just stand by. But I just feel like every experience I have with them is so frustrating and invalidating.

I don't know if telling them about my BPD diagnosis is a good idea (would help them understand some of my frustrations more), or a bad idea (they would take the blame). I just feel like i'm constantly telling my mom that they're not doing anything wrong and that I will change my behavior, because obviously I'm the one who is acting out.

Does anyone have any advice or similar experience? Thanks for reading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prozac 40mg, Neurontin 400 mg TID, Remeron 45mg

depression, anxiety, borderline, social phobia, ed nos, self injury.

beloiseau is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*zer0*, Fuzzybear, hawaii04, Truth in Ruin

Thanks for this!
Truth in Ruin