Thread: Avoiding people
View Single Post
JoyDivision7680

Member Since Aug 2013
33 hugs
given
Default Jan 09, 2014 at 12:38 PM

I realise my English is better than some of the native speakers', but knowing other people around my age that speak English better than me it's discouraging in a way, it makes me feel inferior (and it's not for no reason, since I have begun to understand English at 4 thanks to Cartoon Network)

In social situations I try to imitate my parents or, if I'm at school, some of my classmates, but the thing is I always look frightened. I don't say 'hello' to the whole class in the morning, but only to people I have to interact with. And when I run into someone in the block of flats I live in, I always feel (and probably look) like I'm about to faint; I bet they think I'm retarded.

As for physical contact, I don't mind it very much. I mean, I'm okay with handshakes as long as the other person's got their hands clean and not sweaty/doughy. Aside from that, I prefer to know when I'm about to be touched. Still there are certain areas one mustn't touch, like my thighs, belly, neck, the 'under-belt zone', back of the knee, ribs.
I think I'd feel comfortable among people with mental issues/Asperger's though
JoyDivision7680 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
dance4zorba