waggiedog
Grand Poohbah
Community Liaison

Member Since Jan 2011
2,570 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 09, 2014 at 08:03 PM

Hi. Just thought I'd like to mention something here. I'm neither a sufferer of Autism or Asperger's but I avoid people like the plague! I live in a very small English village where everybody basically knows everybody (mostly) so it's difficult to go out and NOT bump into somebody you know at some point. I find myself checking before I leave the house, as to who's outside and when I walk through the 'High Street' I check as to whether I need to cross the road to avoid people or not. This is due to my suffering crippling bouts of depression as a result of Borderline Personality Disorder (among many other psyc problems) and I feel people 'know' I'm 'crazy' or that they can tell by looking at my face and body language that I'm mentally ill. Of course this IS a symptom of BPD anyway but knowing that does NOT make all this any easier to deal with. I think maybe many different Psych illnesses make folk feel very wary of others they don't know. Oh and plus, LOL, I am born and bread English but my 'English' is awful, I admit, ha ha! HUGZZ.
waggiedog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
JoyDivision7680

Thanks for this!
JoyDivision7680