Elder

Member Since Nov 2011
3,670 hugs
given
Default Jan 10, 2014 at 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Restore View Post
inner child?
No, Other Me is the same age as me and she gives me advice and we talk. We're friends. Sometimes I rely on Other Me to tell me what to say when I'm talking out loud to other people but not very often. And I talk to her both in my head and out loud. Sometimes she talks back to me using my voice or she talks to me in my mind. She looks different than me and her own voice is different than mine, (unless she's talking through me.) She doesn't ever take over me, though, like in a dissociating way (I don't think.)

I'm not sure what she is, coming on PC has made me curious about her and why I have her. I don't remember when Other me came around, she's always been there as far as I'm concerned. I am not sure if she's a voice but I don't think she's a DID type of personality, either. I just don't know. But, I don't like the idea of her not being around, so whatever she is doesn't bother me. She doesn't mind that I talk about her, and she thinks it's healthy. We are we, but I am me and she is her but she's also part of me and we both know that. So, it just made me curious with OP saying "we."

faerie_moon_x is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote