View Single Post
Talulah
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2007
Default Feb 14, 2007 at 07:40 PM

Nice post up there Pilatus, very well said. And fayerod, yes, thank you, thank you.

I am a lesbian and although I agree with Alex as to what should be happening in the world, the sad reality is that I often feel more liken to open up completely on certain issues when I know someone who lives a similar life circumstance, can offer advice on issues they've faced with their circumstances... It's not to say I'm afraid to share with everyone else (after all I'm PROUD) but it was a long road to get here and honestly, I still stumble. The truth is, you don't feel different until there's someone there to point it ourt And, there will always be someone there.

But overall, I think we all like to feel "kinship" with peers in the same "orientation". After all, I may learn about what life is like being biracial/bi-sexual/transgendered/or whatever forum we enact, I may find I have more in common than I thought with other groups or I may see our differences and understand people better. This could work two-fold. Can I speak on what it's like to BE biracial? No. I can't offer life experience or advice to someone struggling there, but I could follow their posts and perhaps learn what life is like in another's shoes.......

Anyway, I'm all for it......
Talulah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote