View Single Post
healingme4me
Perpetually Pondering
Community Liaison

Member Since Apr 2013
4,168 hugs
given
Default Jan 16, 2014 at 07:11 PM

What you are explaining, makes sense. My T and Pdoc, don't usually use the positive thinking approach with me. I'm trying to remember the full discussion with my PDoc, once, to try and express technique, where I am concerned.

I think, it was in reference to when he was suggesting dating sites to me, ones for single parents. I told him, it was out of my comfort zone, because it was an in-person single parent dating scene, that brought my father to meeting my stepmom and the super involvement that they had in that group. He reminded me, with these words, 'That was his Choice.' I may have ventured to mention my displeasure with the outcome, due to how she was towards me. "It was his[my father's] CHOICE."

Perhaps, reality based approach, with me? Not sure, I haven't really asked my T's, what approach they use, nor do I analyze too much.

Just wanted to share, to let you know, that sometimes, I feel, they at times, tailor approaches to effectively treat us. I like your self talk, I can see how it'd be beneficial.
healingme4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
willowbrook

Thanks for this!
willowbrook