Legendary

Member Since May 2010
600 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 18, 2014 at 04:09 PM

In answer to your title question, I have a question of my own:

Does it really matter?

I ask because IMO what should matter is that the fundamentals are present. That myself and my daughter are treated respectfully, that my bf is attentive and fullfills my basic needs in our relationship.

A sociopath can be a jerk or a decent partner. Having a disorder isn't a free pass to treat people like shyt, nor does it automatically mean being unable to treat someone with care. A diagnoses shouldn't be used to excuse ill treatment.

For me, an instant deal breaker is ill treatment or disrespect of my daughter. And yes, that would include what your bf did while your son was praying. That type of behaviour toward my child is a huge 100% no no.

I'm an adult, I can choose to accept being treated like shyt by the man in my life, but my child however has no say. That's actually the reason I left her "dad"... I didn't want to subject her to him, even though he was my choice at the time. Best decision I ever made because I now have a man who loves and respects us both and treats us both beautifully.

DXD BP1, BPD & OCPD

"The best way to make it through with hearts and wrists in tact, is to realise, two out of three aint bad" FOB...
Trippin2.0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
hamster-bamster, nycgal448

Thanks for this!
Browneyedgem, hamster-bamster