View Single Post
Talulah
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2007
Default Feb 17, 2007 at 03:08 PM

Mandyfins says:

"I think it's VERY tough though to go against what society tries to force others to accept. And like myself-- when one goes against the "norm"-- you face harsh obstacles with hurtful labels. One has to have very strong convictions."

I concur......the whole LGBT deal is a lot to swallow and until you've been there, really been in MY shoes I don't know if I'd "feel" that you're relating. Oh yes, maybe sympathetic and you could draw similar circumstances etc from your own life but gay slurs, hate crime, abuse, equality, threats, vandalism, constant fear or confusion, and so on and so on from being a fem lesbian, I dunno, seems like I'd like someone who has maybe had the same/similar experiences due to the SAME REASONS as me.
I'd feel more likely to talk openly to another gay person sometimes, sometimes. I like to know I'm not alone. And this may be due to the existing "stereotypes" that the world imposes that aren't changing, at least as fast as we'd like. Some of us suffer greatly from those stereotypes, on a daily basis....