View Single Post
splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
75 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 21, 2007 at 03:36 PM

Hope you get it sorted with the insurance soon and that the new med helps. it's interesting about honesty and "ratting yourself out" I go to a bunch of different meetings and my home group is really nice and has a lot of members with good solid sobriety but my favourite group is a group with a lot of members just out of rehab living in a local half way house because there is much more openness about cravings and feeling down - As a newcomer i need both - hearing the experience strength and hope of those with long time sobriety as well as the insanity of almost daily cravings.

Speaking of steps - I had an insight at a step 7 meeting the other night that one of my traights wich I had always thought of a as a strength is probably one of my biggest character defects & getting in the way of really doing step 3. Just shows that working the program really is an ongoing process.

---splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote