View Single Post
Perna
Pandita-in-training

Member Since Sep 2006
550 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 23, 2007 at 09:04 AM

"There was always my boyfriend, who would drag me kicking and screaming if I'd try to drink. . ."

I think the whole discomfort/wanting a drink is a "protest"? If you think of your post/experience as if it were a dream :-) and look at it, what do you see? If it were my dream, I'd say I either was more unhappy at the breakup and was "protesting" OR, that I didn't trust myself enough to not drink, felt I needed the "prop" of someone else/my boyfriend to "drag me kicking and screaming. . ." I'd either work on my feelings about the breakup, get more specific than "discomfort" (sadness, anger, depression, etc.) or I'd work on my self-esteem and see what I could do with trusting myself not to drink (and not having to leave an activity you previously enjoyed, which should be a "help" in order to do it)?

I would be worried I'd associate the pool playing which I enjoy and which should be a positive help to me with the drinking and not be able to "separate" them again. Your pool playing should never be associated with "bad"! Go out and buy yourself a new cue or window shop a store, etc. Do you know Harry Potter? Think of it like he does Quiddich and see how the Pool and relationships you have playing can "help" you with your problems and reinforce "good" things about you and your character.