View Single Post
with or without you
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2010
Angry Feb 08, 2014 at 11:06 AM

My co-pay for abilify went up over 1000% in 2014 from $40 to $480. I used a savings card from the manufacturer, but when I refill it in 3 weeks, I will have to pay $330 because the reimbursement amount is a maximum of $150. I can make some cutbacks (I live alone and don't have a family of my own), but $3960 a year is still a huge chunk of change. If I didn't have insurance at all I would get it cheaper.

The problem? It seems to be the only one that's working. Before I went on it in December, I was frequently entertaining passive suicidal thoughts and struggling to get out of bed on non-work days. (This had been going on for 18 months). I see that seroquel is a similar drug that does have a generic, but I have read horror stories about the weight gain and I am already starting to gain some weight on abilify. I filed an appeal with my insurance company telling them of my suicidal thoughts before taking this drug, but I am sure it will go nowhere so I am preparing myself now.

Has anyone here tried the psych central card for abilify, and how much did you end up saving? I understand the procedure - you have to have the prescription processed without going through insurance. The retail price of the drug without insurance is approx. $900. So if the savings don't go below $330, it's not worth it anyway. Thanks for reading.
with or without you is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
shezbut, Stronger