View Single Post
HopeforCure

Member Since Feb 2014
11 hugs
given
Default Feb 09, 2014 at 02:31 AM

I am so thankful I ran across this thread! I also have always had difficulty getting myself to get showered and brush my teeth even though I feel so much better afterwards. I have felt ashamed and embarrassed about it so I try to hide that I don't shower by just washing my hair and using perfume/lots of deodorant. It feels like a chore in my mind. I have came up with all kinds of reasons for not showering...I'm tired, I have to wash clothes first, etc. Lately it has been because I like long warm showers and I run out of warm before I get done. Although I do have bipolar my showering or aversion to showering clusters around my routine and view on the cleanliness of the shower area, thus making me think it is related to the fact that I also have OCD. I get really upset and anxious if my shower routine is disrupted and so I make sure that I will be undisturbed when it comes to showering...almost like the timing has to be perfect. I don't know if this is making sense-hopefully it is.

Hugs from:
Nobodyandnothing, pink&grey

Thanks for this!
frey2, pink&grey