View Single Post
manwithnofriends

Member Since Feb 2013
25 hugs
given
Default Feb 14, 2014 at 04:58 PM

(second year at university)

...basically, I am learning about databases as part of my computer science degree. The coursework for this particular subject has two parts - design and implementation (of a database). I have to follow a particular area of application for my design. But the thing is, no matter how I design the schema for my database, it looks "wrong". I'm not expecting everyone on this forum to know about databases, but apparently database design follows specific rules, and I'm trying to say that I have some kind of dilemma - in order to implement the database for my chosen area of application, I "have to" break the design rules and lose a few marks in the process. I guess it's better than trying to find a design that doesn't break the rules, and then being unable to implement it (and getting zero marks for that part of the coursework).

And yes, I cannot ask the lecturer for help on this because he is going to mark the coursework. (I can ask him for help if it's about material that will come up in the exam, but that's a different story.)