View Single Post
CandlesAndSage

Member Since Feb 2014
10 hugs
given
Unhappy Feb 14, 2014 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepweaver View Post
I'm having a really hard time at work. It's a struggle to even do the simplest of tasks. I spend much of my day staring at the computer or the clock, just waiting until it's time to go home.

I went on short term disability a couple of years ago, but I got deeper in debt at that time, and still in debt, and so that doesn't feel like an option at the moment.

I'm looking into making a career change, only I have no idea what that might be. I just saw a career counselor today, and I'm hoping that will help lead to a new direction. On the other hand, going back to school doesn't seem like an option, either, due to the debt I mentioned earlier.

I just hope I can continue with the job and not get fired while I try to figure out my future.

Thanks for reading

I totally understand. Totally and completely. Every time I go through a depression that happens to me too. I'm on meds so the depressions don't get severe any more (thank God) but they still come once in awhiel and I'm diving into one right now...i can feel it coming..my arms even feel heavy to lift. Don't want to be here at all.

I like the advice the last poster gave you above. I wish I had better advice to give you becuase I feel like a slave to my emotions myself and work is suffering as a result.

Hang in there; you are not alone.

Disabled Veteran, US Army
CandlesAndSage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
sleepweaver