Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2010
6 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 16, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnat View Post
Don't get an attorney. They do not have the ability to speed up the process or make it more likely to qualify. (I used to work in the mental health field and help people apply for assistance an have talked to a friend who works at the Social Security office who agrees). In this case, all an attorney will do for you is take your money.
Really?...when I applied I did it myself and was denied, so for my appeal I got an attorney and without them there is no way I could have gathered and organized all the information in a sufficient manner...sure I'll have to pay him with some of my back pay but I think it was worth it. Also I got this attorney through a list from the mental health center I go to for therapy and psych appointments for meds so he had connections with them more or less and has worked on cases for others that go there, didn't really trust the list of attorneys SSI sent me.

I guess I don't exactly know how having an attorney when initially applying would effect it....it was very helpful for the appeal though.
Hellion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Faking sane, thickntired