View Single Post
coltranefanatic

Member Since Jan 2014
7 hugs
given
Default Feb 16, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankster View Post
Idk - i believe the client is legally the victim of a crime that the therapist committed. I think your feelings about your personal situation and or history might be affecting your judgment here. And let us try to remember that we want to support, not judge?
Hankster, I am absolutely NOT judging. But there is a distinction from not passing judgement and buttering someone's delicate onions. I feel absolutely horrible for her. I made this clear.

But I think it's unhealthy to live....with a chronic lie. It eats away at you. I know this. I did this. Before I was married, I was in a long term relationship, and it was BAD. It was a very psychologically damaging relationship, in which he manipulated me, and a whole bunch of weirdnesses. I was in a touring rock band, and began, towards the big blow up ending, to cheat. The opportunities were there, and I took them. Never mind that he'd been cheating on and off with me. I was determined to be the bigger person and by the end? Nope. I didn't.

And I didn't tell him. Not til it kept me up at night, caused insomnia, and made me absolutely self destructive. Doing wrong, is not the same as BEING wrong. She's a beautiful hurt human being, but she did, something wrong, and something thankfully her husband is forgiving her for.

And if you read everything I wrote, I ABSOLUTELY think she was the involved in a crime committed. I believe that this therapist is a predator, and worse, a multiple offense predator.

But as intense as it can be, as skilled as he was, as much emotional leverage as he had over her, and moreover at a time when she was vulnerable, it does NOT absolve the issues that brought her to AGREE to have this affair. And those issues are worth examination, hopefully with a therapist that isn't a creep or a criminal.

I hope this is made clear by my response. That and I hope that bastard is put out of business and more.
coltranefanatic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote