View Single Post
GlassCageOfEmotion

Member Since Jan 2014
22 hugs
given
Arrow Feb 16, 2014 at 02:09 PM

I've tried depending on others to validate me for months now and have felt I lost who I was before...a strong and sure self-motivated woman. I've lost my sense of worth because of being involved in an unhealthy friendship, but no more! I'm tired of BEATING MYSELF UP and DEGRADING MYSELF for another person's benifit. It's time I think about what is best for ME. I am not selfish for wanting time to take care of myself! I have random opprotunities to find time for myself and THAT'S JUST WHAT I'M GOING TO DO without one ounce of guilt!!!

So, starting today, I'm going to update my progress in my personal and work relationships as much as I need to in the comments section of this thread! I need somewhere to celebrate the small things that people who don't suffer from depression take for granted - like getting out of the bed and taking a shower for the day!

Truthfully, I don't want to feel pathetic by broadcasting my progress to my friends and family on social media, but I'm glad to have this forum, so I'm going to make the most of it!!

Today, what I have accomplished so far for MYSELF:

I got up and walked the neighborhood for an hour (and encountered some cute and yipping doggies who kept me company lol)

I took a shower and got myself together to take my daughter and I to church

I wrote about 3 pages in my journal while she was in Sunday School

I enjoyed the warmth of the sun on my face for the first time in months (it felt so good!) because of this frigid weather while I pushed my daughter on the swing

I have eaten a healthy breakfast

I have set up a lunch date with a girlfriend for next week

I have stuck to my professional boundaries with a friend who wants more

This has been one of my more productive days in a long time! I'm going to pull myself out of this one day at a time!

Hugs from:
AngieDivine, Anonymous100115, Anonymous200280, changethecycle, Fuzzybear, nakitakunai, nocrzytrain62, paynful, unaluna

Thanks for this!
bluekoi, changethecycle, nakitakunai, nocrzytrain62