LizzieVale

Member Since Aug 2012
217 hugs
given
Default Feb 16, 2014 at 11:18 PM

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by tametc View Post
LizzieVale, I don't know how it is in your country, but here in the US, very few pyschiatrists actually do therapy with their clients. They are mostly there just for prescribing and managing meds. Maybe some of the resources others have shared with you could help you to find a better-equipped therapist? I am glad to see that you are posting here, and hope you find what you need to heal.
Thank you tametc

Looks as though psychotherapists are a pretty rare breed here in Australia also. I took it for granted after 20 years of seeing my former therapist that not many therapists are prepared to invest so much of their time and concentrated effort into helping their patients. I suppose that's the reason I became so close to him. He knew absolutely everything about me.

Even if i could find a decent psychotherapist I've been advised that if i do decide to stand up in court and testify against my former therapist I should keep my current therapist onside. Keeping in mind that this is going to be a lengthy and drawn out case I dont see how im going to be able to seek the help that i so desperately require.

Hugs from:
tametc