View Single Post
sunrise
Legendary

Member Since Jan 2007
106 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 26, 2007 at 12:41 PM

Whether people in general prefer a same sex therapeutic dyad or a mixed sex dyad is a question I'd been thinking about for a while, because I see my T's clients in the waiting room before me and after me. There were often solo men, or couples, sometimes a parent and older child, or sometimes two parents and a teen, sometimes just a male teen, and I began to wonder, am I the only solo female who sees this guy? Is it weird I am seeing a male T? Do most females choose female T's? I was always kind of pondering this as I would see the other clients. Then for my last session, the person before me came out and it was a woman! And I felt kind of unhappy about that, like I wasn't "special" anymore. That is so dumb, I know. Plus, this woman was younger and more attractive than me, with long blonde hair. I didn't like that at all. She reminded me of this woman I was forced to deal with daily for a month last Fall and I could not stand her. LOL, how's that for transference!

Anyway, it is good to read here that there are other women who prefer men for T's, like me. I actually didn't know that, since my first T was a woman, and at that time, I had wanted that. Then I started with the male T almost by accident and found that was a much better fit, not only because of his therapy orientation, but because of his gender. Maybe it is good to try both genders to see what works best for you, since you may not know unless you try.