View Single Post
Anonymous817219

Default Feb 23, 2014 at 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thickntired View Post
I hope you're right, Michanne. Although I gained weight on it, I know it has been a life saver. My poor AA sponsor can't pay the Latuda copay on Medicare. It's around 3 thousand dollars for 3 months. She is 60 and had built up resistance to every other avaliable option. I've only been medicated for bipolar since 2006, and I believe the drugs will get better. They have an once a month injection in the works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

One of the first things I tell a dr is generic first. My financial and insurance situation has changed way too many times to start an expensive drug even on a coupon. Coupons only work if you have insurance, btw.

There are so many out there and the difference between one that works and one that doesn't has more to do with your unique chemistry then the technology. The ads for abilify try to convince you it is so unique. I even bought into it. But it really isn't. Other atypicals may work just as well in fact I read an article from a dr who said she had greater success with carbamazepine. I feel bad for your friend. I know some people have had to try a lot of different things but not everybody has to.

Going forward, actually right now, the research is not focusing on brain chemistry. It is moving into neurology and genetics. So new drugs in familiar classes... I would want a really good reason to spend those bucks because there should be a generic that is similar enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote