View Single Post
A Red Panda
Grand Magnate

Member Since May 2013
882 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2014 at 06:42 PM

No one is hopeless. You aren't ruined, and no one's really normal at all.

Maybe you'll never feel 100% comfortable, but you can certainly become MORE comfortable than you are now!

I'm boatloads more comfortable in lots of situations than I used to be. I taught myself how to talk and act in a way that feels relatively true to me, and I exposed myself to a lot of situations that make me really uncomfortable. Over time, and after throwing myself into things that I decided I wanted to be able to do... I can do them. And some of them still make me feel really awkward, but others I barely notice the anxiety unless something goes a bit off.

People even typically think I'm an extravert and very confident, which is a joke to me. I'm that way because I learned to, and it's not really representative of what I think and feel... but hey, I'll take it. I can function and can often enjoy myself to at least some level!

So I am sure that you can too. It just takes a lot of time and effort, and accepting that it just might never be easy.

"I have a problem with low self-esteem. Which is really ridiculous when you consider how amazing I am.

A Red Panda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous24680

Thanks for this!
bronzeowl