View Single Post
tornoversurgery

Member Since Jun 2013
1 hugs
given
Default Mar 17, 2014 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
It's hard to come up with a career that doesn't involve repetitive motion in some way. What about sales?

Have you run numbers on the fishing business? Could you make it work if you bought a boat?
Thx for the reply

Yes,very hard, that's why I'm scouring the web (as much as it bothers me physically) just to find a path that DOESN"T use a computer, ironic.

Sales I've been doing for over 20 years, hate it, was burnt out a couple years before the disc problem & was going to night school for real estate. Now that's a dead end because they show homes online now and agents use computers 60-70% of their day. I still submit to sales job ads now because I'm in a bad way, but they use a lot of tablets & such, and I haven't got any good offers at this time.

Not in a position to make any business investments (boat), credit still very poor from divorce & such. Plus, as much as I love fishing & have the knowledge, I'm mid-age w/disability and running a boat is hard work.

Thx for the suggestions, I still got a lot of work to do in finding a path. Standing, walking, talking, I can do these with little issues, I can even go to the shore and cast my line 70yds into the surf. I just can't sit all day and hold my head and arm in that position all day.

I've got "tour guide" and "quality control" as the best ideas I've come up with and they're not that great, so you see what I'm up against. Trying to stay positive.
tornoversurgery is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote