View Single Post
Sammy

Member Since Sep 2005
Default Mar 05, 2007 at 09:48 AM

My dad used to punish me, His were a little more than just a spank, and no it wasn't sexual. But i turned out fine.

I don't see how spanking a child can be sexualized... If you were to pull their pants down and bend them over your knee and spank them then yeah, it could be taken in the sexual sense. But i have never known anybody to spank a child like that, it usually entails grabbing the arm lifting the child and smacking them on the backside fully clothed.

Sorry if that was a bit graphic, i just couldn't think of another way to explain.

Personally i think i turned out better than my brothers who were never punished physically because they were born after the change in the law.

I think children should be spanked if they are naughty, after all if someone said to a 6year old "Don't do that it's naughty" Do you think they'd listen?

Granted spanking is probably classed as bullying the child into your way of thinking, but the fear of another beating sure as hell stopped me being naughty.

(Edited to add trigger icon)