View Single Post
Maven
Pirate Goddess

Member Since Oct 2005
513 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 06, 2007 at 12:18 AM

What is perverted to one is acceptable or normal to another. I don't think S&M is perverted, and I know people into it. Some people enjoy their sexual fetishes and kinks, and that's perfectly fine. Changing sexual tastes is next to impossible, and I don't think anyone should seek therapy or try to change it if it isn't a problem for them. I think people should enjoy sex and fighting your desires means you'll decrease your sexual enjoyment, at least for a while, during your therapy or whatever. If you're not ok with it, of course, then you should go ahead and do that; I'm just saying no one should be forced to go through a period of not enjoying sex or decreasing their enjoyment, when the sex is consensual and between adults. (I'm not going to address older teens and sexuality in this post.) I believe treatments for any medical condition--including mental illness--should be the patient's choice. If that person is dangerous, they shouldn't be on the streets, restraints should be used when necessary, and perhaps certain medications and drugs should be used to calm them or make them safer for nurses and doctors to deal with, but I'm very concerned about the potential health problems that medications might cause, not to mention the side effects. I don't think anyone should have to live with side effects, such as fatigue or lower sex drive, if they don't want to. It's each person's body; it should be each person's decision.

But I'm getting off-topic. Spanking, physical abuse, mental abuse, seeing sex acts of any kind, the way people treat a person, experiences in life, etc., can all affect sexuality. Not all will affect everybody, but they all can affect different people. Some people might be turned on, turned off, interpret something in a way that leads to a kink or fetish, desire only "vanilla" sex, etc. Also, your parents reaction to your sexuality affects your own. Mine acted like it was dirty, and while I'm very educated on sexuality, there's a part of me that sees it as dirty (yet, that it's dirty is a turn-on to me).

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted, I wish I had some ice cream.

Equal Rights Are Not Special Rights

Maven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote