View Single Post
tealBumblebee
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2013
3,745 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 23, 2014 at 09:53 PM

Hi jean, I wish I could offer some better words for you but I can definitely offer you some hugs!

I don't know if it's one of those across the board traits of DPD, but I completely get it, the whole idea of feeling 'less than'. What I can say though, is that you sound like you've come soooo much further than I have. Just being able to identify that you have a good support system, but recognize that you need more is amazing. I'm sorry to hear about the experience with your father, I do think that people do the best they can with what they have (and that doesn't always meet the bar of 'acceptable').

I don't have the answers, but I've always thought of it this way. It took years of invalidation to get you to this point; therefore "fixing you" (healing your wounds) likely won't occur as quickly as you (and I) wish either. Maybe just knowing that you are on the right road can provide you with at least a little more comfort. Big 's.