View Single Post
tornoversurgery

Member Since Jun 2013
1 hugs
given
Default Mar 24, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michanne View Post
Also, what about voice recognition? It's built right into windows 7. You can learn to have it do everything. They'd have to get you a headset. Not a big deal. The better back store has seating solutions. My eyes are tired from the screen. A couple years ago I had to change my rx because the contract had no breaks from the screen. So my first purchase with my next pay check is rx computer glasses. My arm is permanently numb too. So far nobody has refused to provide an under desk tray.

I'm sure you want to spend time off the computer but those are some tools and ideas that might help. Maybe a job with some computer time would be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the suggestions, it's been up there for a week, sorry, I've been trying to stay off the computer.

Dragon speech software (and the like) only does dictation, spreadsheet, and a little web stuff, but far from doing "everything" or the type of data entry I did in wholesale. I did a bit of research on the subject, it's making strides but not all the way there yet.

My condition accumulates with sitting & typing/mousing, there is no getting around it, trying to stretch out my computer use career will only make me suffer more pain now & when I am older. The objective is a non-computer career.

The coordination thing you mention is usually lumped into "property mgmt" in CA and requires much computer work. Was studying real estate before this happened, had to stop that path due to computer requirements.

Thx for the suggestions but what's the "parachute" statement about?
tornoversurgery is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote