View Single Post
Anonymous817219

Default Mar 25, 2014 at 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillpickle1983 View Post
I don't think genetics plays any roll in what psych meds work, and what doesnt. There is too much trial and error. I would like to see factual statistics on this testing & psych meds. Just what I think about it. Not trying to start an argument or debate.

There is criticism (as there should be for checks and balances ).

http://1boringoldman.com/index.php/2011/10/06/warned/

What I don't like is I can totally see these tests coming across to patients as more than they are. There are drs that try to increase "patient compliance" by using tests that really don't have any evidence they work. Basically they are using placebo psychology to get patients to take their meds. Brain scans is an example. It strikes me as condescending and dangerous if the patient has been mis diagnosed. Happens all the time.

I didn't completely understand the tests until I got a chance to to see the result example and read more. How many patients are going to leap to the conclusion that the tells you what you "should be taking" as opposed to what your body can tolerate. They don't. I bet even some professionals are going to leap to that conclusion.

And I can also see people thinking the tests where you send in a swab yourself is the same. It isn't. I don't see how that it is clear. Just saying I hope it doesn't get unwarranted hype to the detriment of patient health.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk