View Single Post
Anonymous817219

Default Mar 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinco14532323 View Post
The more I read about it the more confident I am that they are useful. I believe how you metabolize a drug besides just telling you how you will tolerate it ie. side effects, may also have a great deal to do with effectiveness. Of course it does seem it is much easier to tell the side effects than it is the effectiveness from these tests. Maybe you don't produce the intended active metabolite at all but some other. Maybe the other makes you more depressed because it is not the one that would make you less depressed. It is a step in the right direction though.

I do agree that pdocs use the placebo effect to their advantage as much as they can. I do not know if that is unethical though since it can be so powerful for some people. 1 in 3 I have read.

It isn't the effectiveness of the test that concerns me. I think it can be helpful. It's how it is spun, intentional or not, that concerns me.

I am a big supporter of transparency in your medical treatment. I think it is highly unethical to mislead people. In the long run it is another valid reason why there is so much distrust of the industry. People do figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk