View Single Post
deepbluelosthope

Member Since Feb 2014
14 hugs
given
Default Mar 27, 2014 at 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillybet View Post
This idea that I had to forgive and forget to move on crippled me for some time. There is no forgiveness for my abuse what was done shattered me, what restitution can make up for that.
I cannot forget and I will not forgive, because there was no repentance at all.
I have "forgiven" to let go of the anger that bound me so that I could move on but in my heart of hearts I know that I do not have the capacity to say "I forgive you" to his face. I can however say " you have no power over me"
I have felt stuck and unable to move on because I cannot forgive my mother for her abuse of me. She showed no remorse even when I questioned her on this. I asked what I had done to warrant her terrible behaviour yet she couldn't tell me however she was adamant to the last that everything was my fault and her "punishment" of me over the decades was perfectly justified. It wasn't. I did nothing wrong. I know that deep inside yet I still continue with blaming myself. I want to reach that point where I let go of the blame, anger and all the other negative emotions that are so crippling. I too want to say "you have no more power over me" and really believe that deep down. I will never forgive her actions but I have some empathy now for her as her life was miserable and pathetic because of events that happened to her before I was born. I believe she rejected me when I was born and could never show me any love. How sad! How completely sad for her. She missed out on knowing her own daughter. She punished me without realising it was herself she was punishing. She hated herself yet I bore the brunt of that hatred. Well enough is enough mum. You may be dead now but you missed out on my life. I pity you. You can never hurt me again though. I remember the good times with dad but not you.
deepbluelosthope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous100109, Sophie0126

Thanks for this!
Lillybet, Sophie0126