Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2013
993 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 01, 2014 at 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfEmperor View Post
Yikes, sorry to hear that. Most of the comics I'm friends with would never pick on you if you were at their shows. It's certainly not a crime to not laugh. My own teacher has been in comedy for 10 years and whenever myself or her other students tells a joke she thinks is funny she says, "Oh, that's funny."

She doesn't laugh out right, because she's analyzing our set and trying to help us make it better. I learn never to take it personally when people don't laugh. I just get through my set and go over it later on to see what didn't work.
Naw, it's all in good fun. I've got such a quirky personality that most of the stand-up comedians that have ever "picked on me" were just doing it in jest and it was funny. It's not personal at all and, to be honest, makes the experience that much better for me.

So I wouldn't say I get picked on, I'm just a good person for them to use because I don't get all upset over a funny joke. Take the Untamed Shrews and the joke about the skinny guy in the front row ... I've seen it make some guys uncomfortable, but I find it hilarious and will go right along with the joke. It's not personal, it's the same joke that Susan Smith tells at every venue ... but holy cow they're hilarious!