View Single Post
Altered Moment
Elder

Member Since Feb 2014
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 03, 2014 at 08:26 AM

I used to be a pot head for many years but have been clean and sober for 18 years. A couple of years ago I decided to try it for depression but it didn't work for that. And since I have a history of addiction it is not a good idea so I gave it up.

In your case I think it is worth a try for anxiety. Be careful though because there are different strains and all of them now are high in THC. There are some strains that are more activating and can cause paranoia and worse anxiety. Make sure you get the sedating type and don't smoke to much, just a couple or three hits.

Ingesting it is a totally different effect than smoking. I would suggest smoking or a vaporizer rather than ingesting. Maybe a little experimenting to see what works for you. I would not worry about light use and harmful consequences. Benzodiazapines which are the most effective for anxiety i would worry about much more because of their addictive nature and very bad withdrawal. Pot is much safer in my opinion.

Major Depressive Disorder
Anxiety Disorder with some paranoid delusions thrown in for fun.
Recovering Alcoholic and Addict
Possibly on low end of bi polar spectrum...trying to decide.

Male, 50

Fetzima 80mg
Lamictal 100mg
Remeron 30mg for sleep
Klonopin .5mg twice a day, cutting this back