View Single Post
Anonymous33537

Default Apr 03, 2014 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Cat View Post
I am shocked that your GP said "He would give you it" Here in the Uk any professional would be struck off.
Well he's been my GP for two decades now, so he's tried a lot with me over the years to get a handle on my issues. Pharmaceutical medications, referrals, and he knows I've tried counseling/therapy as well. I think he looked at my life and weighed the risks versus leaving things are they are now. I'm in my 30's and I still haven't really started my life... I'm beginning to run out of time to properly prepare for retirement, have my own family (if I ever decide I want one), etc.

Honestly I was a bit surprised by his willingness as well, but from our talks he's said he struggled with social phobias and anxiety back when he was a med student. With that past I think he understands those problems better than a lot of other doctors, so takes them more seriously than most would.

He still would prefer I go the pharmaceutical route, but that's off the table for me due to past experiences with side effects.