View Single Post
Rand.

Member Since Feb 2013
92 hugs
given
Default Apr 03, 2014 at 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowheretohide View Post
Could it be schizophrenia and now the positive symptoms (hallucinations, delusions) are controlled with meds only the negative symptoms are left (flat affect, poverty of speech, inability to experience pleasure, lack of desire to form relationships, and lack of motivation)? The negative symptoms of schizophrenia are basically the same as schizoid personality from what I understand, which is why schizoid is on the "schizophrenia spectrum".

I thought schizoid-like symptoms (negative symptoms of schizophrenia) with prominent hallucinations/delusions (positive symptoms of schizophrenia) would be considered schizophrenia? I'm not saying your psych is wrong, obviously he's more qualified and knows more about your situation...
I actually just got discharged from my pDoc because I'm stable now (not functional, just stable). I don't think he ever understood how deep my delusions were and how much it affected me, not sure he cared. He's got an amazing reputation and all but I just never saw him... it was mostly my nurse I talked to and she didn't ask much about it. To be honest I thought schizophrenia too, looked closer to what I have. But maybe now I'll never know for sure, which worries me a lot because if I do have it, the treatment I'll need and resources to get better will be completely different than what's happening right now (well... they do have me on an anti-psychotic but for how long will they let me stay on it I don't know). But for other things too, not just the medication. Like, will I be able to work again? Will I be able to go back to school? And what if I get caught back up into a delusion or start hallucinating I won't have any idea and have no safety nets either. That kind of thing, it just really bothers me. And I can be so, so bad at communicating these things, I think this has been the best I've been able to before, it's weird.

"The days were dark
And the nights were bright
I would never trade tomorrow for today" -Rush

Rand. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote