View Single Post
Anonymous24680

Default Apr 06, 2014 at 09:02 PM

Man... that is quite a life story! It seems really positive that you largely came back to reality on your own in your teens. I don't think a schizophrenic would be able to do that... like age and experience wouldn't give them the wisdom to start letting it go. Maybe childhood trauma (currently remembered or not) that forced retreat into fantasy to escape reality? Just a stab in the dark from an armchair psychologist

Psych is so interesting because the human mind is truly the final frontier!!

I'm glad it's been helpful for you to type it out and I wouldn't worry at all about your psych and the Christian thing. I wouldn't hold anything back from her for fear of offending her - she will be able to tell you're just being honest and don't mean disrespect. I am a really "guarded" person (to say the least) and I have trouble with not fully opening myself up to therapists and psychiatrists (and also with avoiding them entirely)... it is always counter-productive to hold back in my experience. And frankly, a good therapist would leave their religion at the door when it comes to this kind of thing - assuming you're not just being blatantly insulting in an attempt to offend them I guess, but you don't seem like the type that would come off that way
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rand.