View Single Post
Neurotic 2 the bone

Member Since Mar 2014
66 hugs
given
Default Apr 07, 2014 at 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxieDoxie View Post
I do not want to ask for a hug. It is like asking for a gift.....it's loses its meaning when asked for. If a T is going to hug me it needs to come from him on his own because he wants to, because he was moved in someway to do so. Then it would have great meaning and healing power.
For sure. But I wouldn't say it's akin to asking for a gift. If it were a romantic relationship or friendship or even a family member then I would agree. You shouldn't have to ask in those situations. But a patient/therapist relationship is a whole other dynamic. If a patient isn't sure what is and isn't permitted then I don't think it's ever a bad idea to just ask. If I leave a session without asking for what I truly wanted to get off my chest then I feel like I wasted the session and I end up regretting it. And who's to say the therapist/psychologist isn't thinking the same thing? Perhaps he/she wants to comfort a patient but isn't sure the patient is comfortable with that. I feel both sides need to be as honest as possible.

In a perfect scenario, yeah, it would have a lot more meaning if they offered. And perhaps mine will if she senses I need one. She's very friendly and her intuition is exceptional. I called a mental health crisis line 2 weeks ago without her knowing and the next day I got a call from her out of the blue telling me to come in because she sensed I was not in a good frame of mind when I left our session the day before.
Neurotic 2 the bone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Aloneandafraid