Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2012
297 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2014 at 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbutterfly View Post
So, I filed for social security disability - I have never worked enough to qualify for the SSDI, so then the application went through for SSI. That was back in August. A couple of months ago I got a questionnaire about my functioning and stuff. I filled it out and sent it back...I have not heard anything back. Any idea if/when I could hear back?

Also I am moving in a few weeks...anyone know who to contact about making sure they have my correct info?

In the past three years I have had 8 inpatient psych hospitalizations. I'm in school and doing well there...but it's like every other aspect of my life is crippled by my depression. Even school is at times...but I always seem to manage to get it done on time and do it well. Who knows if I will qualify...wish I would hurry up and get some answers.
I could be wrong, but attending school might count against you for disability. It may show you have the capacity to regularly drive, schedule, and partake in a classroom. I just know if a person is on unemployment or working they will be denied bc it shows they're willing and able to get a job. There was a member on here who was denied bc she regularly attended AA mtgs and something else maybe church or volunteering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

There is a thin line that separates laughter and pain, comedy and tragedy, humor and hurt.

Erma Bombeck
thickntired is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote