trying2survive
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2014
282 hugs
given
Default Apr 07, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean17 View Post
I can't untangle myself. I'm in DBT for BPD. We work on learning (or trying to learn) new skills to help us live better and wiser with BPD. But, as is most often the case, I have other problems that counter-act with what we are learning to do. For example, we try to be calmly assertive instead of either disappearing or screaming. But, I also have Social Phobia and GAD and I'm an extreme introvert. It's not so much that I don't know "how" to be around people, it's that I really don't want to be and don't need to be. I can't tell when a new skill is healthy for me given my other problems and desires or is something I don't need to learn. We are very messy, aren't we. Lots of to all and thanks for reading. I hope you are feeling okay today.
i feel like if you don't want to/need to be around other people, then it's not really a problem. my guess is any skill you have learned that makes you feel better/helps you cope is good.BPD is tough, ever day is a struggle but some days are better than others, yes indeed we are very very messy, but it is what it is i guess! hee hee, i don't know how much this helps, but if it helps even just a tiny bit, i'd be happy with that

I have learned that i and i alone am responsible for my happiness, most people these days are as reliable as wet toilet paper!
trying2survive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote