View Single Post
hunnygurl100

Member Since Jul 2004
Default Jul 29, 2004 at 12:37 PM

I don't know what to do. My sister used to scratch herself with stuff when she was in high school. It only lasted a couple weeks or so, and was obviously an attention seeking thing. She started again, only now she's going deeper. I thought it was an attention thing, because when she told me, it was kind of a bragging thing, and she was giggling when she told me. But it's getting more serious. She told me a couple days ago that she almost killed herself last week. The way she is, and the way she told me leads me to believe it's an attention thing still. However, if it's not just an attention thing, I don't want to assume, and understate it, and then have her kill herself. I would never forgive myself. My boyfriend is convinced it's just for attention, but I know my sis better than he does. I think there may be a portion of sincerity to her want of death, but I don't know how much, or how strong. What should I do? I've been really supportive, and my bf and I are giving her a key to our apartment in case she needs to get away (because she lives at home and our mom is most of the problem). But if something happens to her, even with everything I'm doing for her, I'll still feel like it's my fault. Is there anything more I can do for her or me? I have my own issues that I'm arguing with mental health "professionals" about (they don't believe I have problems, a whole other post). Adding her stuff to my load makes it really hard for me to deal with my stuff and know how to help her, you know? Any suggestions?

hunnygurl100 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote